Thursday, August 11, 2016

Late summer, tough bite blues.



I have a love/hate relationship with the latter part of summer with regard to bass fishing. I've considered getting uber-technical and trying out one of those castable sonars, but cost has kept me appearing the Luddite... though I don't fear the tech, I spend my coin elsewhere.

My bank fishing solution is always downsizing my presentation to finesse or even ultralight. There are pros and cons to it, but the biggest pro is that you still catch fish. One of the notable cons would be the deflated size of the catch.

That said, I've caught plenty of decent fish on 4-6 lbs line and one of my favorite perks is the challenge of landing them on light tackle.

As you can plainly see, my bleeding shad chrome/blue Tiny Trap has seen plenty of battle, and throwing it on a 9'6"ML rod and 4lbs monofilament makes for a memorable tussle with just about any fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment